Shelley Samuels is the principal and owner of SRS Strategic Associates, LLC, a consulting firm that assists organizations across the country that serve persons with disabilities and complex needs to become and remain sustainable. Since founding SRS Strategic Associates in 2019 Ms. Samuels has consulted on projects such as:
- Leading client organizations that serve individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and an organization operating a behavioral health clinic through the process of Electronic Health Records (EHR) selection, implementation, training, risk management and audit preparation.
- Assisting a for-profit hospital to assess opportunities to participate in government funded programs.
- Leading client organizations that serve individuals with IDD through the process of developing and implementing Program Quality Evaluations (PQE).
- Conducting solvency and sustainability assessments for a mental health clinic.
- Leading a multi-disciplinary community healthcare provider through integrated care implementation.
- Assisting an organization focused on individuals with IDD to open a primary care and mental health clinic.
- Assisting multiple organizations prepare to apply to become a Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC).
- Consulting for a statewide supportive housing trade association to conduct a national environmental scan of housing navigation services.
- Acting as project manager and partner on two Inclusive healthy communities projects that involve finding and implementing local solutions for health equity issues faced by persons with disabilities.
As an expert in nonprofit leadership with over 35 years of experience in human services and healthcare organizations, Ms. Samuels last executive position was as the Chief Program Officer of Easterseals New Jersey where she was responsible for a $60M+ budget, 900 plus employees and over 4,000 individuals served. Concurrently, she was the Chief Operating Officer of Easterseals Solutions, an EHR selection, implementation, training, and help desk service for multiple nonprofit organizations. In 2018 she completed a commitment to act as the Chief Operating Officer and Compliance Officer at the national organization Juvo Autism and Behavioral Health.
Shelley holds a BA in Psychology and an MPA in Public Administration with a concentration in Healthcare Finance from Rutgers University. She completed an Executive Leadership Program at Columbia University’s Graduate School of Business and a program at New York University Stern School for Executive Education in Finance and Accounting. Ms. Samuels has developed, implemented, and directed a variety of services for thousands of persons with intellectual developmental, mental health, hearing loss, visual impairments, veterans, seniors, chronic disease, and substance use related disabilities.
Ms. Samuels has held board positions for the Children’s System of Care, Citizens for Quality Education, as well as the United Way of Central Jersey. She has been an active member of the American Association of Grants Professionals, United Nations Task Force on the Year of the Disabled, and Governor’s Task Force on Substance Abuse and the Hearing Impaired. Most recently Shelley was a member of a NJAMHAA HMO Council; Visiting Nurse Association Children and Families Advisory Board; The Greater Newark Health Care Coalition (ACO) Advisory Board; the NJ CAM (Advisory Board to NJ Transit for accessible transportation); state wellness committee focused on smoking cessation for individuals with serious mental illness; and county health partnerships.
Ms. Samuels has made presentations on EHR best practices at multiple conferences and webinars as well as public speaking engagements on disability rights, behavioral health homes and access to employment for local and national audiences.