The Program Specialist for Health IT will provide outreach and technical assistance/coaching support under a district-wide program for healthcare providers in Washington DC to help move district providers to value based care. This specialist will provide ongoing assistance to healthcare organizations to implement health IT systems and leverage these systems to improve care and participate in local and federal programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Assists with Electronic Health Record (EHR) adoption and implementation
· Provides Go-Live support for EHR implementation
· Guides Meaningful Use and other required attestation and reporting
· Supports Health Information Exchange (HIE) adoption efforts
· Works with eHealthDC Operations/Support Team in all aspects of daily operations
· Works collaboratively with the eHealthDC team to provide coaching and technical assistance to healthcare providers participating in program
· Assists with outreach and on-boarding of participating providers
· Completes practice assessments to determine organizational readiness and areas where the practice needs assistance.
· Drafts practice Scope of Work based on assessment
· Visits practices within DC to assist with onboarding process and/or to drop off information, some travel to practices required
· Answer questions and provide project information via the phone and email
· Documents progress of clients within the CRM online tool
· Operates at the highest level of efficiency and customer service
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Well-versed in health/health IT reforms and programs
· Experience with EHR (eClinicalWorks)
· Familiar with Customer Relationship Management tools and experience in working with a team to manage real-time issues and coordinate responses
· Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills with all levels in the organization
· Possession and demonstration of high energy, flexibility, creativity and good judgment
· Skilled and knowledgeable in relationship management and communication
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
· Excellence in MS Office Applications
· Familiarity with the District’s healthcare industry
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors or higher degree in the following disciplines: nursing, clinical informatics, health sciences, information systems, or another other related field. Experience in Meaningful Use/MACRA/MIPS/PCMH preferred. Strong communication skills. Highly proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
This Job Is:
Company’s Facebook page: