Candice Morrison, MBA, CPC
Candice Morrison-General has 15 years of healthcare experience and a proven record of achievement with Quality Initiatives, Physician Practice Management and Compliance Practices, Reimbursement Improvement/Enhancement Initiatives, and Health Information Technology Implementations. She has overseen complex multiphase projects; streamline operations; and refinement of business processes. Project Manager of several Quality Improvement Initiatives resulting in documentation improvement and higher reimbursement among provider groups. Strong healthcare consulting proficiency encompassing Coding Compliance and Auditing. She is recognized as a Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) expert in the implementation of MIPS and MIPS submissions. In addition, she provides physician training and workflow improvement strategies on several Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems.
Key accomplishments include:
- Key Performance Indicator collection improvement among practices; data collection improved from 62.75% at project inception to a range of 66% – 82.98% through the subsequent 5 quarters.
- Risk Stratification projects created for 2 physician practices progressed to the implementation of new mini clinics; a Heart Failure Clinic was implemented at a Cardiology practice and Mini Allergy shot clinic at an Asthma and Allergy practice.
- Realized cost savings of $150K based on implementation of new clinical workflows and Electronic Health Record workflows for controlling high blood pressure quality in hypertension patient population.
- Implemented Transitional Care Management in Physician’s offices, greatly reducing readmissions, and saving approximately $1K each month per provider.
- Several practices scored 70% or above (exceptional performance) in the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), receiving up to 1.88 % performance bonus.
- Created and implemented 5 Evidence Based Treatment Protocol templates, approved by the Administration and added to Meditech for provider use. Evidence Based Treatment protocols resulted in a 10% Reduction in Readmission.
- Improved Patient Experience scores among Hospitalists: prior provider-patient satisfaction rating of 65% was improved to 90%.
Candice earned her Master of Business Administration from Strayer University and her Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management from Howard University. Candice is currently working on a Master of Science in Health Informatics Administration from the University of Maryland.
Charity that Candice thinks you should know about: Black Girls Code